Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Hair only that would impress a Papa!


Second time to post, so my humor is not going to be as funny due to frustration! I hate it when that happens! :)
We went to the doctor today. Jackson is doing great except for the jaundice, circumsion not healing correctly, ingrown toenail, and he still has that umbilical cord. Seriously, he is doing great and almost back to birth weight. He has almost as much hair as his older brother Jacob. It's funny how both boys have had so many similarities from labor to just physical appearances.
At our appointment that I had been the oh so perfect mom and was not bathing her soon too much, I kind of tuned him out when he started to talk about bathing until he talked about how often. In fact I almost laughed out loud when the pediatrican said that sponged bathing daily was not too much. When I think about the abundance of time I have right now (laughing out loud), four kids and a house to take care of, sure a sponge bath is going to be easy to do EVERYDAY. I will work on the improving the frequency of his baths. I was impressed with my every third day bathing of my newest son. :)
Now to the reason I post this cute photo. I have always enjoyed giving my dad a hard time about the amount of hair, or lack of hair, that he has. So, unfortunately his namesake's head must not be as perfect as his Papa's because it is covered by a lot of hair. In fact when it is unincumbered by any natural oils, it reminds me of a fur coat I had that was made from rabbit(real or fake I am not sure of). It is soft aand fluffy and now that I get to wash it everyday, it will bring a smile to my oh so tired face!
I must sleep, Jackson will be ready to eat in a short amount of time! My last post of the evening!

2 comments:

robyn said...

He is so precious and I love his hair!! Merry Christmas!

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

They were suppose to have baths everyday? dang- I better get busy!
Not to mention 4 kids, but thinking about soaking down a tiny little snuggle baby in the coolness of air- doesn't sound right to me- afterall- what do we feel like when we spounge bathe- freezing cold no matter how hot the water! Gone 9 months without a bath- doncha worry your pretty little head on whether that cutie stinks or not!LOL! He is just perfect!