Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving with the Barretts

Can you belive I got caught up in one afternoon. I know it is not as fun as having a new post every few days, but now I might have the time to actually do it . . . to my few faithful readers dont't hold your breath! :)
So Turkey day was a lot of fun for us this year. My youngest brother and his wife Abbey graciously hosted all of us at their new house. I was so nervous having my three kids being the first to really get to break it in, but their house passed every test with flying colors. Dad and Ryan hanging out.
My older brother, his wife, two boys, and newsest baby daughter joined my family at Jason's house. My parents and grandma traveled each day to join us. We had so much food thanks to Abbey and my mom. The day was really nice and I enjoyed being around all my family. The kids really took to their newest cousin and couldn't wait to help kiss and feed Delilah any chance they got.Pat got to watch his beloved aggies get creamed by the longhorns, but we had fun watching none the less.One of my favorite things was that Abbey arrananged at the last minute to have someone take our family photos. Normally we use the timer, but it was neat to have everyone in the photo and it go somewhat smoothly. We also got to have individually family photos and I can't wait to see how they turned out. Cindy, Mike, Dot and Christi also joined us on Friday and we hung out watching old home movies. Lots of fun. The girls had great time getting attention from their aunts and uncles and Jacob enjoyed playing video games.


Jake also got to break the wishbone with his dad and got the biggest piece. John and Zeke played video games and would take a break to play with the younger kids. They loved every minute of it. All in all we had a great time hanging out not doing a whole lot together but spending time.

0 comments: