Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Pat and Tammy plus 4!

Just doesn't sound as catchy as one of my favorite tv shows. Sydney calls it Jon & eight. Anyway, my titles can consume me at times so I will try to move on to the purpose of my post. I have heard since I was pregnant with Sydney that structure and routine are the key to having more than one child. Not that I am any good at it, but I love to try and set some structure up for the kids sake. Now more than ever do I know that to be true. I tried to get as much together to keep Christmastime celebrations normal for the older kids even though I would have a new baby to contend with. Here are some of pictures from the fun we have had even with me being sleep deprived and a blubbering postpartum mom of four!

Our first gingerbread house. It rode around in my car a little too long and we had to do some foundation repairs before we could assemble it. I had grand visions of the kids going crazy inventing new decor for our house. The first thing my first born said while I was building the house was, "Mom, can I do it like the picture?" Oh well, so much for creative expression. He is also the child who has never liked to scribble on his papers (He used the word before I even knew he knew what it meant). However he was a wonderful older brother helping his sister decorate the house with him. Savannah just ate any candy she could grab when they weren't looking. See the red drool ALL over her nice white shirt? The picture of the older two I chose because of those dorky smiles. How do they smile that way, cock their head AND look at the same direction on cue? I gave up. One day I will have them trained, right? :)

0 comments: