Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Some reflection and cute photos

This was the season of the blur. I really am not sure where it went or how it happened, but thankfully for the pictures I have some recollection. I think part of it has been that on some fronts I feel like I have been fighting for my life . . . and on others I wonder how in the world will I make it another day physically. . . pregnant, emotionally drained and with threee precious kids and a husband to take care of.


I look at friends I have that are way on the other side of four and press on knowing that God will not give me more than I can share. One gal who I don't know that well, but feel a kindred spirit to, has four kids with her youngest in my Syd's class. She just moved to Abilene, but I love to read her blog because she seems to have been on a similar path like myself . . . . children that make you lose your mind at times and just the sheer numbers that having three or more can produce. Lots of fires! Another mom who is way younger helps me to keep things in perspective. Then there is the friend with teenagers and I get to see what all this blood sweat and tears will lead to, if I stay true to what God calls me to, not one tear or pressing on when I don't really feel like it will be in vain for the prize that awaits my babies!



We will miss these years one day I am told and keep telling myself. Of course, I love how God can also use the most random times to remind me that I am not alone. His encouragement is not lost on this gal who seems to still fight to remind myself of who I am, not who I feel like at times. Sometimes that truth is what can set me free for what ever situation I am in or if I choose to ignore His turth it can discourage me in ways that are just plain silly to be discouraged about. Hope that makes sense to someone, at least most importantly it makes sense to me and this blog is my ebenezer stone.

So, now to these two simple photos. I love the one of Jacob. It has been a hard soccer season for him in that he is learing how to actually play and sometimes that active mind and body can do him a disservice on the field. This shot is during the same quarter where the coach yelled at me to see if I caught my son meditating on the field in the goal while the boys kicked away at the other end. This was the moment of sheer excitement as he just scored a hard fought goal for his team. He was on cloud nine. Of course mom couldn't have been prouder. I almost thought this might want to make him sweat again to play next season, but his memory proved me wrong. He wants to give soccer a rest and try gymnastics. Another moment where I as his mom must let him have some say in his life, not matter how much I LOVE taking pictures of him and his team mates while they play outdoors.

I laugh about the one of photo of the girls. I feel like every picture I have of the girls is in these green and pink dresses. I promise they have other clothes. Sydney is actually in one of her many new dresses she got for her birthday, including several wigs. I think these dresses appear so often is Sydney is definetely in the twirling ability of the clothes she chooses each day. That is the first question she asks when I get her a new dress. "Mamma, will it twirl?" She has to try it out and then you guessed it, all clothers are chosen for the twirlability (is that a word?) and then ease of which shoes she can wear. She likes the ones that help her dance better. Who knew patten was a good candidate for point ballet? I love being a mom to two girls. They are both so girly and so different and I love seeing their personalities develop each day. Who knows what tomorrow holds! I guess that is the beauty of my life, it will defintely be different than today!

0 comments: