Friday, December 5, 2008

The joys of carrying 20 extra pounds of . . .

I just can't label my post with the obivious. So maybe all this self imposed bed rest has gotten me thinking. I really have gained more than twenty pounds, the gift that each child has left behind to help me remember them by.


Anyway, the reason I guess I got off on that tangent is that being in bed more than I am not due to back pain, pelvic pressure, the kickboxing my newest son is learning, or the sheer exhaustion I find myself muddling through I am able to blog more than usual. No I am not as bad off as I make myself sound, but let's just say that if I were to find myself going to the hospital to have this baby I would not feel deprived that we didn't have our full forty weeks of bonding.


Blogging has been a great thing to do while my wonderful husband is cleaning, cooking, entertaining children, washing dishes, anything I am not up to doing these days which make me feel horribly guilty as a stay at home mom. So here is my newest addition. We have been taking family pictures before Christmas since 1986 in my family. A traditon I absolutely love. While I have not been as consistent with the professional portraits as a family, I know once a year we have at least one of the Fogles together. However, I must say that this year takes the cake.


All mommy wants for Christmas is a happy picture for her Christmas Cards. Is that really too hard to ask? My husband was not blessed with all the training my mother gave myself and my brothers on how to make this annual process go as quickly as possible and you will soon see my girls would rather prolong it than get it over. Jacob was my only trooper who smiled the whole time.


Never fear, we actually had a professional get a great one that will soon arrive at your doorstep pre-birth of Jackson I might add! Momma may not be happy from our failed attempt at my brother's house, but I thought it would make a funny post. Sorry I rambled on and on!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hang in there! I miss seeing you. You need to come over someday and let the kids play.