Friday, May 8, 2009

What to do on a day that hits 105?

We had a playdate planned at my house today. Little did I know that it would be so hot! I pleaded with Pat to put up the slide before he left so we could use it in case the kids got bored. Well, after maybe 10 mintues everyone was in their suit and ready to get wet. I must say that out of six kids (two being under 1 year) we had a great time. Thanks to our wonderfully cleaned off back porch and oh so soft grass (minus a few stickers) the kids played until we told them to come in. I think they were out there from 11:00 until 3:00(minus the younger ones who had to take a nap and time to eat a quick bite to eat).




Here are a few pictures of our fun. I am so thankful we have this slide to use again this summer (Shout out to Grandma!). Even though the kids had a blast, I think I had an equally great one as well. I love getting to sit with friends a chat about this and that. I think it is in those times that you can actually have a great conversation and not even know that you would. I am learning that you can't plan these things . . . they just happen while you are just "being" with some one. So thanks to Cindy and Nicole for just being with me today. Maybe some of you others might want to join us next time. The more the merrier . . . outside! :)

By the way, I made my monkey bread again and it was crispy just like you like it grandma! I might have to cook it for you again.

0 comments: