Thursday, April 30, 2009

I love my home!

First of all I need a follow up to the post about Jake's tooth. It was less than two hours before that thing popped out . . . not sure if it was ready because I KNOW it couldn't have been my melt in your mouth pot roast he had for dinner?!?!?

Now to what I have found to be such a treasure. We took down most of the chain link fence that made our yard feel so small about a month ago. What freedom I have found with direct path to the outdoor fun. Sydney loves flowers. She picks them whenever she gets a chance. So I thought she would enjoy planting some wildflowers that she could pick whenever she wanted. It may be too late, but we'll see what happens!
Anyway, I have beed determined to get Jake riding his bike without training wheels, yet uncertain as to how to do it. Over the weekend, I saw he was able and just needed a little pushing. So this afternoon it was my mission to get that boy training wheel free! So off to work on his "project". (Sydney picked the neighbors wild flowers while Jake rode his bike.)

After a few helps, he slowly but surely got it and ended the fun(mostly mine) with a ride down to the end of the cul de sac. I was so proud . . . unfortunately he had a fall on the way back and the chain fell off so he had to walk it back. But I see more bike rides in the future. Way to go Jake! While he rode, I popped the two younger ones in my trailer and Jackson had his first trailer ride. That will be my moment of shining glory when all five of us can go for a ride together! Hopefully by the end of the summer.

So then we took a break and while I was reading with Jake, I looked up and saw this . . . too precious! Jacob noticed it was getting cooler outside, so we played out there on the fort while we waited for Patrick to get home. I think at least three times while were outside that Jacob commented on how much fun it was to be outside. So we decided to eat out there. I must confess I really don't normally post many pictures of me, but two reasons compel me too: Sydney or Jacob took it and I also love the feeling I get looking at the kids. I think it reflects my feelings for them as best as a picture could or just a glimpse at how much I enjoy them. Jackson loved swinging in the swing and it was so nice to hang out and have fun as a family.

I had to include a couple of bonus shots. One was a priceless heirloom sprinkler that I thought several people in my family might get a kick out of seeing that it is still used . . . everyday at our house in fact. The second is the one of Patrick holding Jackson. First I have to say how thankful I am that he would be hold him for a moment to give me a break. What I thought was cute is how drastically differnt he and I hold that little one. One more way that men and woman are so different!

1 comments:

GroverFamily said...

one of my neighbors has this same sprinkler...i love it!