Friday, May 8, 2009

AWANAs Awards

Well, it is hard to believe it is that time of year again. We just finished up another great year of AWANAs. Jacob and Sydney enjoy going and learn a lot of neat things too! Sydney got lots of goodies from her teacher. Sydney's teacher mentioned that she enjoyed Syd's love of God's creation . . . meaning she got a flower every chance Syd could get. We have been blessed to have Ms. Sue both years of the three and four year old Cubbies.


Jacob was also honored at the awards. He was one of two kindergarteners to finish his first book, review it (like 30 verses) and finsh a second book . . . and finish another extra book. He was such a trooper. I would ask "do you want to keep working?" and everytime he would say yes. He earned a medal for going the extra mile. I have enjoyed watching him learn so much this year in AWANAs.




I brought my zoom lens and found out that even in our church a zoom is not always good. I barely could get far enough away to take these two pictures. Oh well, live and learn right?




I am also including a sweet and cuddly pic of Savannah. I had her all dressed up for the Six White Horses to come to her school that day. Could I get a sweet picture? Apparently she was having empathy attitude for his sister that day. Oh, the joys of emotions. Some day they are right where they should be and other days we just do our best to survive, right? :)

0 comments: