Friday, May 8, 2009

Remember when. . .



I will never forget the days of sponge culers. My grandma would roll up my hair . . . my mom too . . . and I would have the ever coveted curly hair. My hair was straight as a board and wouldn't curl for anything. I will never forget one particular morning when I my mom unveiled my hair before school. I had hair that was down to the middle of my back. When she took out the curlers it was above my shoulders. I was mortified! I thought I looked like Shirley Temple but it didn't make me feel good.
So now to these pictures. My mom brought some of these on a visit she and my grandma made. She was kind enough to leave them with me to do Syd's hair. So, I finally gave it a whirl. Man was it hard to do. I will have to try again and she if it works better. These were the best shots of her hair. They all kind of fell out on their own. I guess it is another thing I get to practice getting good at. At least she was a willing participant!

0 comments: