Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Worth the time to watch!

It is funny how one thing leads you to another and sometimes you wonder how did you get where you are. This post is about following one gals blog leading me to another, that led me to her husband's and then to his friend's blog. Did you follow that?

I am so amazed at the power of hope. Not just hope in general, but the hope that is only found in Christ. I am a living testimony to the power of God when we choose to trust what his word, the Bible, says over what we feel. When we look to him to provide us with our every need instead of our family, friends, or things that we are surrounded with.

One of the most powerful statements I heard on this video is:

There will be a moment when you feel like you have no options, you will feel like the darkness is closing in around you, you will feel like you are all alone . . .
God will allow pain and God will allow sufferings, God will allow unexpected crisis, in order to detach our hope from other things and attach it to himself.

I don't know what you have experienced in your life, but I do know that there is athat moment of darkness in all of our lives. It is then when we have see if what we believe is really that hope that the Bible talks about.

I know this is a 27 minute video, but get in a comfy chair and listen to just a simple presntation of what it means when the worst thing you could imagine stares you down and you have to find what it is that truly holds you together . . .not the church, not religion, but God.

0 comments: