Thursday, July 2, 2009

What makes me smile . . . inside and out:


Life is hard. I was talking to a friend the other day about this. She so sweetly reminded me about the fact that we are in a fight for our faith. In the Bible it talks about "Fighting the good fight." Ugh. Sometimes I wonder what I signed up for. I want an easy breezey life with no care in the world. Okay, I know that there is no such thing for anyone on this planet but it would seem nice, right? If I stop for a moment and think about what happens when you take away the bad things we would rather do without in life, I think I would not appreciate my life as much that I have. You can't understand how good something is if you have no experiences witht the bad.

My heart is heavy and I am struggling. Struggling with trusting God to be who He says He is. The struggle is not that I don't believe it, but can I make this choice now to walk where He says walk even when it doesn't make sense. What I am learning though, even when it all hits the fan and I am not sure I have the strength to fill my lungs with life giving breath . . . He is. He is my breath, He is my strength, He is. Okay . . . I feel a song coming on! :) He Is. In fact you are listening to it right now! Thank you Playlist!

I love it when I feel like I have just come up with the most profound understanding of God and then I realize . . . the Bible expresses that very same understanding. I guess that is what it means by a timeless truth. A book that can reach the very deep recess of our souls and touch that which longs to be touched by our loving Father. I am being touched deeply at this moment and it is enough. Even though He is choosing to change me rather than my situation, it is enough!


Right now I want to cry at the thought of a current situation. I want to gnash my teeth, rip my sack cloth . . . okay maybe not the last two parts, but I am utterly enlarging my faith in God with each passing moment. While pondering the Truth that will propel me into my next moment, I just happened to be looking at my blessing that gets me through some moments. While you may only see the cutest picutures of the cutest kids :), I see God's faithfulness to sustain me. He is my hope for each situation I go through. He is what gives me what I need to make it. Without him oh the thought of what my life would be!

Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!
P.S. Jacob is not pictured, because he is in College Station. I love him just as much, but can't photograph him this week. We miss you bud, but know you are having a blast! Also not sure why the girls think they can't love on the littlest Fogle without squishing him! Hang in there bud. One day you will be bigger than them!

0 comments: