Monday, July 6, 2009

The River


What a treat we had this weekend. Our family got to spend the weekend at the Guadalupe River. Not only were my parents and brother and his family there, but Pat's brother, wife, and kids were there. It made for a lot of fun in a lot of places. We sat in the river, rode the river, fished the river, and made great memories in the river.

Patrick has really enjoyed fishing in the river. No one was too keen on joining him except Sydney. Lucky her that she decided to join him because she caught her first fish. It was pretty and sparklely. Jacob got to spend the week with Ken and Anne and we met up at the river to bring him home. It was so nice of them to let him come. Both boys were a little tired of each other by the end of the week. But I know they had fun together.

Mom and Dad cooked us up some fried fish and fried okra. I haven't eaten like that in a while and boy was it good! Sandeigh was so sweet to make me some pies for my birthday and I enjoyed every bite. I was sad when I realized I left one piece of cherry pie behind. By the way I am also going to have to get her oatmeal chocolate chip recipe. They were heavenly!

Sydney and her dad fishing around all the people on the river.
Mom and dad have found the perfect spot to hang out and watch the action. It was a lot of fun watching the kids swim and be thrown by Uncle Ryan. We could even watch them ride the rapids in the tube.

Of course who doesn't need to see a sweet picture of my Jackson. That boy melts my heart!


The girls loved to play princess. I don't think there was a moment where they didn't have a doll in hand. Grandma even let them bring them down to the river! What fun for them!

I think my favorite part of the weekend was spending time with people I love. I have been very blessed to have such a great family. We laugh a lot and somehow always find a way to sit around and enjoy musical instruments together. Thanks to the talent in the family I will be singing the Pink Panther theme song. Now you can sing it with me! Of course now one of my favorite places to get ice cream is Freddie's. We managed to squeeze it in twice. I also had a first. The first time I took a tub ride down the river in the dark. What an adventure. Thanks for the memories!

1 comments:

ken said...

Thanks for the great pictures! we had a great time, too. Regarding Jayson and Jacob...as soon as we got home on Saturday, Jayson said, "You know how Jacob and I got tired of each other...I still want to go visit him at his house next summer." ;)