Monday, July 13, 2009

My Deliverer!

It was many years ago that God really impressed upon me how He used music to encourage me and uplift me in whatever circumstances. I guess right now I am not real sure of words to express my love for the Lord or what he means to me except through some songs that have really blessed me.

This one just hit me as I was spending sometime with the Lord tonight. I am waiting for his mighty hand to save and more importantly as I walk in freedom HE IS the rock on which I stand. I pray that you too know of God's mightiness (is that a word) in a personal and real way that is not found in the walls of a church, but deep within the walls of your heart!

I will wait for you to move for your mighty hand to save.
When the trouble waters rise You are my hiding place.

Your walls are salvation Your gates of praise
Your walls are salvation Your gates of praise
My deliverer, my deliverer, my deliverer is the Lord!

Who is like you mighty God?
Who can take me from your hand?
As I walk with you in freedom You’re the rock on which I stand.

2 comments:

Sheryl said...

This is so interesting... I too have found that God speaks to me in music throughout the struggles that we're facing. Each day on the way to work, I listen to Christian radio and nearly every song has something in it that speaks to me. Some of the same songs I've heard over and over suddenly have new meaning. I'm making a list of the ones that are especially meaningful and want to make a CD of them. One of the ones I picked up from you is the FFH song you posted recently.

Sheryl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.