Monday, February 23, 2009

We have survived!


We made it to the doctor today to find out that Little J (Jackson) has survived his bout with bronchialitis (my spelling may be ify). He is doing great and growing like a weed. Between our two visits 9 days a part that little boy went from 11.11lbs to 12.8 lbs. He is not missing a beat. I tell you what, I pray none of my children get any more illness that need more attention than to watch it run its course. It can be stressful and I am tend to go from sit back and watch to hyperchondicatic (is that a word)? Not a good combination for my mental wellness. As soon as I heard about the possibility of him having a hard time breathing, normal for him was hard to measure and very stressful for me. I don't think he ever had a hard time breathing, but sometimes he can sound very breathless when working on getting gas out. I would have to restrain myself from calling the doctor.

Any way, I am also pleased that he has slept from 11:00pm to 7:00am for two consecutive nights with little effort on my part. So, I can begin to tell those bags to move on under my eyes. Hallelujah! I am blessed to have children that sleep early on and Jackson has taken the longest. So the world is now my oyster, full of limitless possibilities!


P.S. Sandeigh, do you notice how antiquated my scale is compared to yours! :)

2 comments:

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

Thank goodness! Glad everything is starting to get back to normal- or is there such a thing?

sandeighb said...

YES! you need my scale...it's 21st
century compliant! ;)

so glad Jax is doing well!