Monday, February 9, 2009

Heavy Heart


I just found out some sobering news. A friend I went to church with growing up passed away suddenly on Saturday night of a heart attack. He was my age and has two young boys at home. I was looking at his facebook and he posted on Saturday something, not realizing that would be his last. I know that life is never promised past the moment we had, but I am not even sure I realize that I could leave this earth right now as I type and not even know what hit me, litterally.

You never realize when it is your time and who you will leave behind. I am thankful that Jimmy knew his Savior and is now with Him in a place I can't even imagine. I know that his wife is comforted by that, but I am sure she is struggling with the why. Why a 33 year old man would be fine one moment and gone the next. Makes you want to hug those close to you just to remind yourself how much they truly matter. Remind yourself that this life is not what it is all about. That there is so much more and am I living than just the day to day irritations.

I guess I want to know that if I were to leave this earth this moment that I wouldn't regret anything. That I lived my life to the fullest bringing glory to God every step of the way. That my family knew how I felt about them not by just "knowing", but because I told them every chance that I could. Bottom line is that if I were to die today, would my life draw people to the love of our Heavenly Father or would they wonder if I really believed completely in the life I live.

There is a song that has really been touching me lately and knowing now what I know about Jimmy makes it even more powerful to me. Don't forget to pause the playlist at the bottom.

The Motions by Matthew West

I don't want go through the motions
I don't want to go one more day
Without your all consuming passion inside of me
I don't want spend my whole life asking
What if I had given everything
Instead of going through the motions








0 comments: