Friday, February 13, 2009

One of those days!



What a day! We had a great day of fun planned and I was really looking forward to all that was in store for us today. Doctor's appointment (check up) and play date, maybe a chance to stop by and use a 25% coupon at a favorite store, you know what every mom looks forward to (okay not every).




First I find our my playdate was cancelled. Secondly,the check up turns into you need a $170 nebulizer because your fourth has bronchitis or RSV or whatever you want to call it (doctor's words . . . did I hear RSV?!?!?!?) and you if he has trouble breathing call us ASAP. Trouble breathing, have I mentioned my family's standard of being germ free? My two year old just ate a half chewed nugget off the playroom floor at McDonalds a few days ago. I am not sure I follow what that might look like?!?? Once I collected myself, I realized he was right in that Jackson was sick and now I need to focus on how to make him feel better not worry about where he happend to pick it up. Oh yeah, he is the sick one I am just the mom. Whew, deep breath! Isn't it funny how my immediate response to an illness is what did I do wrong as a mom? I should have protected him more. I have to remind myself that this happens from time to time, it's a part of life.


So from then on the day became comical to me. The easy breeze morning changed in every way. I got stopped by a long train. Someone at Walmart decided they had to have the 10th spot on the 3rd row, while five cars waited behind while the current parking spot resider had to unload groceries and put up his empty car. I went to get a book at another store I had been recommending to a friend, to find she had gotten the only copy and they were discontinuing that book so there wouldn't be one to get later. What else?

You get my point. One thing after another. But I must say I have not had a more pleasant 6 hours with my two girls and Jackson. We had fun, shopped together, and just enjoyed what ever we had to do. I love these times when you realize that although things don't go as planned, you still found that it was good. Maybe in a weird kind of way, but on the same note my life is good.
I feel like I have just come out of my winter season and now in my spring, each day is full of new growth and colors are showing I have not seen in a while. I view so many things differently and yet the same. God has answered a great and longstanding prayer request in me by doing nothing different around me. And yet by doing nothing to my circumstances and just to changing me into the child of God, wife, mother and friend He created me to be, amazingly my circumstances have begun to change. It may come as no surprise to some :), but I am reminded of a song by Nicole Nordeman called "Every Season". I added it to the playlist, last song.


It says talking about changing from winter to spring in our relationship with God:
And every thing that's new has bravely surface teaching us to be
what was frozen through is newly purposed turning all things green
and so it is with and how you make me new with every seasons change
and so it will be as you . . . create in me
Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring
P.S. Pictures are just reflective of my love for my kids. Jacob just started his fourth season of soccer, my girls are so cute when they match, Sydney loves to love on Jackson, and that poor baby looks pittiful with the Nebulizer on (even if it is "supposed" to look like a dinosaur)!

1 comments:

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

Well I guess I don't have to worry about competing with you for mother of the year award!hahahahahahaha- Oh, he's sick? (You know I am giving you a hard time!) I read your post and think we just may be related! It is amazing isn't it, one thing after another!
Cute pictures! Hang in there=)Playdates around the corner- LOL!