Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Another milestone moment!

I can't believe it is finally here! I have been wondering if this time would come seeing as Jacob is almost seven. It finally started to wiggle loose yesterday and it will be gone anyday now. I know it hasn't fallen out yet, I am sure I will post about that too, but the fact that he is growing up so fast blows me away. (It is the right center tooth in case you can't tell. I bet that was the first one that came into his mouth . . . how poetic!)


I was talking to a friend about their first child and how so much changes with a new baby . . . only one. I remember being home and not working, kind of feeling guilty that Pat went to work and I got to be home and just hang out. Now with three more kiddos added to the mix, I can't believe how I get to just "hang out" while Patrick goes to work. It is amazing how three more kids can make that phrase so differnt.

I am enjoying the highs and lows of being a mom and couldn't be more proud of the young man who is growing up so quickly before my eyes. I guess we will always have a special relationship since he is my first. My first child to experince all the joys of parenting and the first one I will apologize to for all the ways I might have inhibited his success as an adult. I hope there won't be too many scars from me!

Anywho, here is a snippet of the joy that my oldest daughter Sydney has become. Love the outfit and so thankful I can let her be her, even if she has on yellow socks with that turtleneck, spring dress, and pink boots. Mind it is supposed to be in the 80s today! Is this a photo I can utilize in the future? :)

1 comments:

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

Very cute! OOOOH I don't do the teeth thing- I make them do it theirselves and reward them greatly!haha Well at least your little girl has got a reason to dress herself in those spiffy clothes- not so fun when they are in second grade and you decide its not the battle your going to fight today- " Fine!Just wear it!"