Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Hmmm . . . .

Do you ever find yourself going through life taking it all in and then something stops you cold in your tracks? Do you ever find that sometimes the hardest part of life is going through the day to day events, even the ones you enjoy?

Life is in a funny place for me right now. I am so blessed and so grateful for all the wonderful things in my life that the Lord has given. He is the giver of all good things. So why, in the midst of great blessing can some things still take my breath away. I can only conclude that when these moments happen, the tunnel vision of the one thing that won't seem to go the way I want, the greatest blessing is that I realize something huge.

I am never the one in control. (Thank goodness!) He is all you need. He is the very breath for your exsistance. When your eyes fix on Him, the world rights itself . .. even when nothing changes. A friend made a comment a month ago that has done more for clearing my head than I think she even knows. She told me that the old Tammy would have responded that way and I am not the old Tammy. In moments when I want to just quit, give in the selfish and prideful desires I remember this. That is no longer me. I have been given all that I need to handle whatever life throws at me. The more I walk in this simple truth of what Christ has set me free of the more life is not a roller coaster that I am just along for the ride, but a path that I choose to walk on one step in front of the other.

One day this one thing will either be made right here on earth or I'll be with Jesus no longer caring about this. For now, I will fight the good fight and finish the race with joy because I know that ultimately it is not about me. "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5:17

0 comments: