Saturday, June 20, 2009

Camp Bonita Take 5!

Side Note: I have tried to post pics on three different times and it is not happening! So here is the post sans photos. Maybe it will work later! Don't you love technology! :)

I am not sure how I am so lucky to get to go to camp with the Belarusian children that come each summer or that I get to go with my church and the 300 plus kids. Oh, and my hubby and Jake get to go too! I just am always amazed at how good God is to us when we go. To put it into words seems to dimish the experience.


This year was harder for me because I left Jackson and the girls with my mom at our house for the week. He didn't like me leaving so much and after the first day, we all were doing much better. I know the girls had a great time with grandma and it was really neat watching how much Jacob has grown over the last year we went. He wants to be with his friends now instead of us! What will this mom do? It is a true joy to watch how he is growing up.


My Belarusian kiddos can steal my heart in a minute and I find each time I return from camp I miss them hanging (litterally) all over me. I miss talking in Russain (poorly) to them and I miss not knowing what is going on in each of their lives (notice a theme).


I just pray that I would not get in the way of the love that God desires to pour out on them while they are here with us. In some ways I am glad that I can't completely do this all on my own or I would get in the way so much more.




So if you are at Beltway on Sunday and you happen to see me with this huge grin on my face, know that it is truly a small glimpse of the joy that I have being a part of something so much bigger than I can even imagine. Bog harasho!

0 comments: