Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Three Kids, One Friend, Her Daughter, and Sea World

What started out as a last summer trip with several friends whittled down to a friend of mine, Valerie, and our kids . . . four in all. . It is fun to be around "city folk" as they experience the outdoors for the first time!
We headed down to Gruene during what seemed another great week for a tropical drepression to hit (at least it wasn't a hurricane like last year). The kids got to swim in the river. Poor Adeleigh wasn't sure what to do with the slime on all the rocks
We got out to Sea World when it basically opened on Wednesday for a full day of who knew what! We fed the dolphins and Jacob even got to touch one this time. We sucked down our share of frozen lemonade and watched Shamu or "Shmapoo" as the kids like to call the whale. Savannah even got into the show. She would clap and laugh, too cute! I am not one to take a lot of photos of the actual shows or animals, but man that whale was amamzing! I think there are more than one "Shamus" in the show. I wonder what their given names are? :) So, having already been to Sea World earlier this summer, it was really fun just to do whatever the kids wanted. The older two, Jacob and Adeleigh, loved doing the rides. They were so cute to watch. Even though my kids for some reason wanted to call the Shamu Roller Coaster the dolphin one, Sydney discovered she really didn't like it as much as she remembered fromt the first time. We spent the hottest part of the day in the water park and I even got Savannah to take a short nap. The kids had a blast and I am so grateful we were able to get to go on this fun trip.


We had a great time and even got a little shopping in. Valerie was a great traveling companion and I am so thankful I got to know her a little better . . . even though she is amazingly ten years younger than me. She can run circles around me, even though I have three kids and she has one! Thanks for the memories Valerie.

0 comments: