Monday, February 25, 2008

Monday

Sometimes it is so nice to have a "normal" day. Life can sure come fast though. I got to stay home today and miss my second MOPS meeting in a row. That is pretty crazy for me since I coordinate this precious group of moms. Savannah has strategically planned these illneses during some of my favorite activities so I have felt a little lonely in those times. Like MOPS and church. I miss church and just the experience I get when worshiping coorporately encourages me so and makes the world fall into complete perspective.

It is in these times that I struggle not to feel so guilty at the life I am blessed with. I have a wonderful husband who works so hard for our family to make life comfortable for me to be able to stay home with my three beautiful and equally trying children. I have a comfortable home that has so many memories and life experienced here, that some days I am not sure if I want to leave it for another. I have family and in-laws that amaze me . . . not a rotten one! :) I also have friends that like me for me and I feel so comfortable around. Not only do they make me laugh, they inspire me to be who God created me to be . . . even when it doesn't always feel good.

I guess what got me thinking is the family who just lost there preschool boy to an ATV accident last summer only to lose the dad just this month to pnemonia(sp?). How hard must life seem to the remaining children and pregnant wife. I also just feel so helpless for a friend who is having a really hard time mucking through the post partum effects of her third pregnancy. Besides marriages that are not all that the people desire of them and friends who don't know deep down inside what a true treasure they are not only to God, but to those who are blessed just by being near them. Or even those that I pray desperately to know life that God has waiting for them if only they would trust His Truth over what feels right.

Bottom line is when I start to feel overwhemed by the "why's" in life, I just have to turn to the one in control. It is ironic that when I feel helpless to be able to answer or even solve life's problems is when I am finally where God wants me . . . in complete trust of all that I am, care for, or hope to be. Where I fall so short, He never does. That is what allows me not to be consumed by the questions life throws at me.

So, so much for a normal Monday. But then again, when is life ever really normal?

0 comments: