Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Power of Three

We went to hang out at Chick-Fil-A today for lunch with some girlfriends and their kids. The reason I am sharing this particular day, because any mother who has had a three year old or who has one can relate. First, she hurt her finger. You would have thought she had decapitated her head. Once that was calmed, she was devestated that I didn't get her fruit. Then there was the confusion about nuggets and hers were forever tainted. I think the last melt down was over the fact it was time to go.

I really struggle with keeping it positve and not trying to put a band-aid on the situation, but when it happens so frequently I have learned to ignore it makes things worse. So as I was thinking about the whole day, God reminded me of something. He is three in one, yet very unlike my three year old. I have learned the signifcance of numbers in the Bible. So is that my reminder that God is so much more than I would be able to control or understand, like my "3" year old? (I seem to try and make Him manageable in my mind some days.) While my three year runs out of control because she is mainly learning how to deal with her emotions, I can trust that God is completely in control of everything I see and don't see.

Whew! So glad to know that God can be with me in presence, with wisdom, and with the simple (yet complex fact) that He knows all about my going ons and that can give me peace, especially when that three year old appears to be going out of control. Maybe He really has nothing in common with my three year old, except for the three part. But how cool is it that in the everday expereinces He can show me another part of who He is to me? Even if I butcher part or all of the revelation in my explanation, the simple fact that He loves me enough to remind me makes my heart go all a flutter! :)

0 comments: