Friday, August 3, 2007

Where's the maid? Why can't I remember?

I was just about to head to my room for a little blogging, when I realized that the dishes from dinner were still out. Not just out, but I tend to cook, destroy, and leave it ALL over the place. One of the problems with trying a new recipe.

Anyway, it got me thinking. Why is it when I work hard at something I want some one to come clean it up for me at 32? I started to go into a poor me, my husband has worked hard all day and won't come home to clean up after me conversation with myself. As I tried to not let the petty annoyance of having to clean up my mess, I realized how silly I can be sometimes. I really had fun cooking with my kids and trying out this new recipe. By the way, I threw out the last chicken burger and I think I ate more than all three of the other eaters in my family combined. We don't particularly care for Cumin, but the guacamole was good though.


I almost went to bed looking at what didn't happen for me instead of what great things did. That is why I am blogging. In Joshua, God told the Israelites to build a place of remembrance so that when the kids asked about it at a later time, they could tell them about God's faithfulness in bringing them across the Jordan River (you'll have to verify the exact facts . . . my memory is foggy). I read somewhere that the most used command in the Bible is to remember. I want to remember what God has done instead of what I didn't get. I hope and pray that it will affect my children's attitude as well.


I have been trying to do better at mealtimes, introducing healthier choices and making the dinner table the main place to eat rather than the car (I know I am bad . . . but working on it). I asked Sydney to pray for our meal (Pat was still at work) rather than ask if she wanted to and she told me her mouth was broken. So I asked Jacob to and he did. So sweet. In fact tonight they both prayed simultaneously at mealtime. Jacob about protecting us while we slept and I couldn't understand Sydney's.

I digress. I am truly blessed. Even though my husband doesn't wait on me hand and foot, although my family might disagree, and my children don't always mind my life is good. God and I will still have the persistent conversation about a particular subject changing, but I know when it comes to what matters I need to remember more often.
P.S. The pictures were just for fun and had nothing to do with this post! Jake loves holdin Savannah's hand, Sydney loves to dress up especially like a ballerina (all the time no joke, even to bed) and the kids absolutely love to love on their little sister who looks just like her daddy!

0 comments: