Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A Week of Firsts

I can't believe how much can physically happen in one week! (Actually less than a week.) I am sitting here at my computer realizeing Jacob is at his third day of kindergarten and it still feels so sureal. I wish I could be a fly on the wall and watch him experience so many first with him. It almost reminds me of when he first smiled, first looked to the right or left, first time he opened his mouth . . . there was no way to take it all in. So I will just absorb as much with him as I can and the rest will come out later in his own time . . . hopefully not therapy! :) Sydney was so disappointed she couldn't go to her own school. We had plenty to do that day though! We had a MOPS meeting, then playing and lunch at the mall with her friends Aspen and Lily, and lastly playing at the Gymnastics Sports Center with more MOPS friends Keeli, Ruby, Cameron . . .too many to remember. On Tuesday I helped out at Sydney and Savannah's school and then we went swimming with our friends before soccer practice. You can see Sydeny chasing Lily at the pool. They are so funny to watch together. We started this tradition of laying on a pool chair to dry off before we leave. I had to include the one of Natalie and Jacob. Too cute are those big five year olds who sometimes think they had a attitude of one who is much older! :)





Jacob had a great first day. In fact he struggled with finding time to go to the restroom on his first day. Daddy gets to take him to school. Pat even took some photos for me, how sweet. He loves all the centers and the fact that they get to go to centers with friends and choose where he goes. I was telling him that he would have so much fun at school today and he said "Yes, because I don't have to take as long of nap at school." Have I warped him or what? :) He actullay has a friend on his soccer team that also is in his class.




The other first for him this week was his first soccer practice. It starts really late for what we are used to . . . not until seven. So Savannah eats around eight and that is bed time for the older kids we were going to have some conflict with time management. Pat said he would take Jacob to practice and I could take care of the girls. I just wanted to go for a minute to watch and take some pictures and then leave. Well, I had so much fun watching that I stayed the whole time. I love seeing him have a good time! It was so fun to watch Patrick working with him and helping him learn how to play soccerr. Mainly he had to keep telling Jacob to stop talking and pay attention to the coach. (Did he get that from me?) Syndey did not have as much fun and was ready to go before it was time. She managed to entertain herself pretty creatively! See the photo of her in the basket of the stroller! :) She loves to pick grass and leaves up while she waits. She also loved to be held by her daddy. She was so disappointed that she didn't have soccer shoes and told me she did not want to do ballet instead. I am glad I didn't know this before I signed her up for ballet! I am sure it was more of a comment made our of want she wanted to do at that moment. Of course she did not mind riding home with daddy and Jacob from practice. Now you know I had to include and action shot of Jake and his team running in for a water break . . . do you see the tounge?
Lastly to me sweet Savannah. She is such a dear. She has learned to roll over onto her tummy and gets mad when she can't roll back. She loves to laugh at her big brother when he blows raspeberries on her tummy and she just leaned back and started to show signs of holding her hands up to be held. I love being a mommy to all three of my kids! I am just amazed at how I get to be a part of their lives each and everyday. Especially how God saw fit for this to be a part of my life. I know I am not the best mom and may never win an award, but I try each and everyday to make sure my kids know I love them. They seem to know, but it never hurts to say it too much!
Now to the least mentioned one on this blog, my husband. He is just amazing and I am in awe of how talented he is. He just started playing again in worship band at church for the children's service and I am just tickled. He has done so great managing his private practice and our family that I know he must love us something terrible to do so much for us each and everyday he goes to work. He is constantly working on ways to show me how much he loves me that I look forward to the next time I get to see him and just be with him. I am looking forward to our Tuesday lunch dates once the girls start back to school next week. I am one blessed woman!

3 comments:

Rebekah @ reclaimed riches said...

What a great blogger you are. How exciting to hear your life in detail...either by phone or blog.
RP

Cindy said...

You are such a great story teller. I look forward to reading the next blog.

SPF said...

Jacob is a great kid and you describe him so well. THanks for doing this!