Wednesday, August 8, 2007

God Smiled Tonight!!


Sydney is almost three and I am not sure which way we are going from day to day. The crazy thing is how much she can change so much in a day. We pretty much started the day off in a typical fashion. She came in to greet us with a sleepy eyes and no panties or pajamas. Patrick asked if she wet the bed, as if we couldn't tell, and she said she had an accident. So I told her to get dressed before she joined us in bed. I love mornings with my kids. Since I don't drink coffee, they are my morning wake me up (sometimes mentally AND physically).

After Pat left for work, the fun began. She got curious and destructive. She had time out. She got the chair as her ladder and discovered some hidden stickers. Later she was warned about using the chair as a ladder and then used it again to get some food(she didn't like the consquences for using the chair again). After getting to stick with me, literaly, she fell asleep in my bed while I worked on some projects on my computer.

Most of the afternoon went smoothly from what I thought, she watched the Nutcracker in her tutu and ballerina shoes. Daddy came home we ate dinner, more about that in a minute, and she went to bed early because she wouldn't eat her dinner. I found out later why. So, with not too much noise in her bed, I decided to pick up and get ready for bed.

I am glad at dinner tonight told her it was her turn to pray before we ate. This is when God smiled. She said the most wonderful, sweet soft sopken words that just melt my heart when she prayed. I don't understand anything but "food" and "morning", but the Lord did and if he had one ounce of the joy I did hearing her earnest prayer, he was pretty stoked (as my friend Gwen would say).

SO, when I went to get ready for bed I found out why she smelled so clean tonight. She helped herself to put on some of my laundry detergent. Sydney also wasn't eating at dinner tonight because since she has learned to open the refridgerator, she helped herself to several cheese slices and who know what else when all was going "smoothly". Then to top it off, what I thought was peacful sleep in her bed ended up being peacefully asleep on the couch.

I didn't mean for this to be so long. But it is crazy how hard it seems she works to drive me to a looney bin at an eary age :), I still love her more and more everyday! I love how she is such an affectionate child . . . even when she kisses Savannah a little too long. She loves to know what is wrong when you are upset and loves to have you "Hold You". I know God has great plans for this princess of His and I am praying dearly that I will be a positve encourager even when her surface behavior gives me a few extra gray hairs.


1 comments:

SPF said...

God really did smile. She is so sweet. I guess I am biased because I am her Daddy, but then again He is too.