Saturday, August 1, 2009

Simple Pleasures


I am a big nerd when it comes to some things. I know some might be quick to agree, but alas it is true. Something exciting happened around our house and I am thrilled to tell all on my blog. I hope it doesn't spark any jealousy or coveting. But just today I am now not only the proud owners of blinds for the garage, but proud owners of blinds that are INSTALLED in the garage! I know it may not seem like much, but oh the agony of seeing our messy garage through the exposed windows was sometimes more than this poor gals heart could take . . .including the boxes of blinds leaning up against one. I know there are starving children in Africa, so this may reveal my more shallow side . . . but bear with me! So, my Saturday was made by my thoughtful husband when he so lovingly beautified our view from the street.

I am also working on one of my first real projects for the house that I can remember. The last one I remember working on was recovering a seat for my sewing maching when I got it from my grandma . . . like 9 years ago or so and all it involved was a staple gun and a scrap piece of fabric. Any way, I have organized a picture arrangement on my wall similar to my sister-n-laws house (she gave me my inpiration . . . Thanks, Abbey!) and used all the frames I had in my house practically. I use to have wood all over my other house, so wood was a natural choice for frame decor. However in my new home I am completely free to choose what I want because I like it. I had so much fun (surprisingly) sanding and spray painting all my frames black. As soon as I get my new pictures in them I will post a near finished project.
So today will be chalked up in the record books as a one that was productive. There are a few more things up my sleeve that I can't wait to share. I have a vision and a purpose to help finish up some things around the house . . . I will be sharing them soon, so look for pictures that will be coming.

0 comments: