Friday, August 28, 2009

God is Mighty!

I rarely put another person's writing on my blog, but as I read this today I think this is so powerful that I had to share. Such a simple truth, yet so hard to really take hold of in my life. I am so thankful that God has unlimited patience to deal with my struggle to have more of Him in my life. May your day be filled with all that He is!

Exerpt takem from "Journey to Beauty": http://journey-to-beauty.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

All the classes in all the world, all the hours of therapy and all the therapists, all the Pastors in the world cannot do for you what God can.

God changes people.Instead of thirsting after ideas, we need to thirst after God. It's like the difference between being in love...and being in love with the idea of love.

When you thirst after God, that is when real change happens. When you are so desperate to feel God, to know Him, that's when you'll see a breakthrough. I went to Kairos and came out changed because I met God there. All the testimonies, classes, and worship would have been for naught if God had not been in the midst of it.

James 4:8Come near to God and he will come near to you.Luke 11:10For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.Jeremiah 29:13You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.Go and seek Him today. Go somewhere alone. Thirst for Him. Find Him. He is the only one who can free us, who can heal us, who can love us. He is the Love of your life and mine.

0 comments: